At Alfred Health Carer Services, we support people who care.
Clinical service overview
Alfred Health Carer Services provides free information and support to carers who live in Melbourne’s southern metropolitan region. This includes local government areas of Port Phillip, Stonnington, Glen Eira, Bayside, Kingston, Greater Dandenong, Casey, Frankston, Cardinia Shire and the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
We provide Carer Gateway (Commonwealth-funded) and Support for Carers (State-funded) services:
- Support for carers to focus on their own needs and personal goals
- Information and assistance to connect carers with the right support services
- Support to access respite and equipment
- Carer coaching
- Facilitated peer-to-peer support to enhance carer wellbeing
- Events for carers focusing on education, peer support and social connection.
- For emergency respite and after-hours support call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737
We also provide respite services, resources and supported activities for older people with care needs, and their carers, via the Commonwealth Home Support Program. Fees apply for this program.
For further information about the service and how to refer your patient see Carer Services.